Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a little carb help from my friends!! That's what the beatles meant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a little carb help from my friends!! That's what the beatles meant!

Allright everyone, I'm getting really p.o'd. I have cleaned the carbs twice. I have bench synched them. The bike idles great at stand still. However, when I am riding and come up to a stop light and pull in the clutch I have to give it gas otherwise it will stall. Actually for the first 2 miles it won't stall. It seems to do it only when it warms up. However, when I finally come to a stand still it idles fine. What seems to be the problem. My bike is idling at 1200. Doesn't vary, runs strong, lots of power. Never wants to die at any other time. Does it sound like I just need to take the bike in and have the carbs synched.

What kind of bike do you have?
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Oh sorry, I have a GS850.

Comment

Sync them yourself and save some money. How are you float levels?

Comment

What year. Different years-different carbs.
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.

Comment

1981 GS850l

Comment

Check here and here

Comment

May sound stupid, but did you adjust the main idle screw? Its the one right in the middle that has a ridged knob, cant miss it. It may be a little low.:?

If it is that, I hate it when it is such a simple solution to a troubling problem!:-|

Comment

Yeah, I tried adjusting that also. It didn't do any good.

Comment

Working...
                  X