Airbox Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbox Repair

Has anyone had any luck using some of the better plastic repair kits on things such as an airbox? I have one that needs serious repair. TIA

JB Weld, Clean the area well and let it cure. Good Stuff!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks Marvin.
      I was thinking about using the plastic repair kit from Eastwood.
      I've used JB for several things in the past but, not on plastic. Do you think the JB Weld will adhere to smooth plastic?

Comment

Look in the tips and tricks section, there's a really good article on plastic repair, including a "poor man's plastic welder".

Comment

Originally posted by Beauetienne View Post
          Thanks Marvin.
          I was thinking about using the plastic repair kit from Eastwood.
          I've used JB for several things in the past but, not on plastic. Do you think the JB Weld will adhere to smooth plastic?
          I once used it to Repair a Plastic Gas tank on a Lawn mower. The Repair outlasted the Mower.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X