Anyone ever bought or made...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever bought or made...

A brake rotor scoop. Used mostly on older racing bikes, it mounts to the caliper and looks like exactly what is called, a scoop to pile air on the rotor to cool it. I know Benji's Cafe sells them for the eveal "H" word bikes, but i was wondering if anyone has ever made one for a GS or knows someone who does...

Thanks!!

TCK

looks like this

Comment

Got one on my 1971 BSA Goldstar 500 on the front brake only but much smaller than what you are showing, and I have drum brakes on the this bike.

Comment

Sweet..i keep messin around much more, and thats what this bikes gonna end up lookin like...cept with four lungs..Anyway..yeah i know they were big time on drums, but like ive shown ive seen em for rotors too... i was just wondering if anyone had ever attempted it. It doesnt look complicated, save for the fact that my caliper isnt leading, but id rather buy one that i know will work. I doubt that ill find one however, so i betcha ill end up atempting it...anyone else ever seen em?

TCK

Comment

Chrome a shovel and weld it to your caliper. ;-)
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

actually you dont know how close you are to my idea for building one...lol

Looking at theirs the actual making of it seems to be not much more than that. Ohhh if only i had an english wheel...someday boyo..someday

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Kenny View Post
              Got one on my 1971 BSA Goldstar 500 on the front brake only but much smaller than what you are showing, and I have drum brakes on the this bike.
              No sin was too egregious for the Small Arms Company as they struggled to stay in the mo'sickle biz as they died of self inflicted wounds. Calling a B-50 a Gold Star was one of their worst wrong doings. No offense, mate, I know that's what they were called. Gold Stars were DBD's.
              Last edited by Guest; 10-09-2007, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Yes the guys across the pond, Ireland, England, Scotland, Australia have brought my egregious sin to my attention calling a B-50SS a Goldstar, however BSA emplazoned the name right on the side-covers so for their marketing campaign they chose to call it a GoldStar. Dang busted again :-)

Comment

Working...
                X