VANCE / HINES vs KERKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VANCE / HINES vs KERKER

I currently have a VH 4-1 exhaust on my bike. I have seen a Kerker 4-1 with header for sale. My questions are #1 is there a significant differance between the two 8O , #2 why :roll: , and #3 is there a difference if I change the header pipes between them :?

I didn't notice any difference in performance between the two. I had a Kerker that got old and rusted out. I got the V&H because think it looks a little better.

Steve

Comment

Re: VANCE / HINES vs KERKER

Originally posted by DE-MANZ
      I currently have a VH 4-1 exhaust on my bike. I have seen a Kerker 4-1 with header for sale. My questions are #1 is there a significant differance between the two 8O , #2 why :roll: , and #3 is there a difference if I change the header pipes between them :?
      I'm sure it depends on which header you're talking about. I switched from a Kerker to a Vance & Hines for one reason. I can change the oil/filter on the V&H without removing the header. It was just too much of a pain with the Kerker, but otherwise they seemed pretty much the same.

Also, my friend with the Z1R told me I should get a V&H because it's "proper" on a Suzuki. Okay, that part wasn't important.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Kerker headers, my favorite. Differences? The bends are different to start off with and depending on the year of bike and application the Kerker may have a larger collector than the V&H, meaning flow could be better. Kerker's are easy to tune, just select between 4 baffles ( there used to be alot more at one time which was a pain), one street and 3 competition. Unfortunately the Kerker line is pretty much taken over so unless they start remanufacturing old designs, there isn't much to choose from parts-wise.The header designs are different where the megaphones attach so swapping half a system is out unless you're handy with welding pipe. Hard to say if one is better than the other, personal preference I suppose. My Kerker is probably 18 years old and apart from some rust between the header pipes it's holding out pretty good. I'd like to pick up a spare one day just in case, but if I need a new one I'll probably go V&H . Oh, a stock street Kerker didn't need a jet change off the bat like the V&H does, but that's because of the restrictive street baffle, swap up to the comp series and jet changes are necessary to use the most gain possible.

Comment

Working...
        X