Pic of pickup cover & starter cover...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of pickup cover & starter cover...

Yup, newb here and was wondering since I purchased stainless steel bolts for my bike I cannot find what a points/pickup cover and the starter cover look like. Pics would help alot or just describing where it is helps too. Thanks alot guys.

I meant to say shaft cover instead of starter cover.

Comment

The point/pickup cover is the cover over the right end of the crank. Round, about 5 inches in diameter.

The shaft cover might be the cover at the left rear of the engine that covers the front of the shaft drive or front sprocket if it is a chain drive bike.

The starter cover is the cover that is behind cylinders 1&2 on top of the transmission.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Picture's worth a couple dozen bolts?

Mr. Johnny K,

Here is a picture of the right side of my bike with the "points cover" off.

The points are under the round cover on the right side of your bike below the cylinders. On the exact opposite side will be the alternator assembly (stator) cover. The crankshaft sticks out of both sides when you take the covers off. The starter usually sits in its own little compartment just above the stator on the left side. Sorry, I don't have a picture of the left side. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
        Last edited by Guest; 10-11-2007, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Another pic

Oops, just found another picture. Here's the left side...

You see that small round area just below and in between the cylinders and carbs? That's the starter. There is also a cover on the top of the starter. That round Suzuki emblem you see is on the left side stator cover. If you remove that you will need to drain the oil. Behind the stator cover and below the secondary fill plug is another cover that hides the secondary gear drain plug. (Also note the difference between stator and starter. This is not a misspelling.) Both of these left side covers are candidates for new hex head bolts. (That's something I'd like to do to my bike someday.)

I hope this helps too.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Yup, thanks guys. This helps out alot.

Comment

Working...
            X