so, where does this hose go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so, where does this hose go?

alright, got an easy one for you, the vacuum hose coming off the the diaphram on the gas tank got disconnected before i ever saw where it goes. is it the connection between the no. 2 and 3 on the engine side? also, there is a seccond hose connection on the petcock that isnt hooked up.

the problem is that the engine doesnt run without the petcock in the prime position. thanks for the help.

what bike??
    that would help

Comment

good thinking, 1980 gs850

Comment

Unless its completely different than my 750, it should hook up to the teat on the three (between the two and three by your explaination)

There are as far as i know only two lines that should lead to the petcock. your fuel line, and your vaccum line. The reason she only runs on prime, and id guess runs a bit rough since its sucking air thru the vaccum line, is because the prime allows fuel to flow directly to the carbs freely. In any other possition vaccum is required to get fuel flow. Try hookin up there and see what happens. As far as your
        "third connection" I have never really looked at an 850 set up, so i couldnt answer that, unless its not really a hook up at all.

Hope it helps

TCK

Comment

ive got the one coming off of the no.2 going to the connection up under the tank near the center, goes in next to the 2 gauge wires. should the no.2 carb vac go to the other petcock connection? if so were does the other hose go?

Comment

What??? Does your bike have a fuel level gauge on the instrument panel? Man that sounds kinda weird. Again im not an expert on GSs especially 850s. The two as far as i know that you NEED to have connected are your main fuel line (the big fat one) and then the vac line. They *should* be right next to eachother on the tanks petcock. Again the main is fatter than the vac by a considerable margin. The vac line should hook up to the number three carb, at least thats how it is onmy 750, and the fuel line would be either between the one and two or outside the one, i cant remember which without lookin at it.

Comment

ohh HAHA there should ALSO be TWO VENT lines running off the carb that go no where except laid over the back of your air cleaner. they are for venting any overflow of gas in the carbs away from the engine...those are betwixed the one and two and two and three...the vac line should be connected TO the number three.

Comment

im sorry the vent lines are between the one and two and three and four...wow im not really helpin here HAHA

Break it down simply again...

Main fuel line comes off the petcock, leads to the fuel rail, its bigger than all of em so where ever it goes youll know.

Two VENT lines, one goes between the one and two carb and another between the three and four

Vaccum line comes off the petcock and leads to the NUMBER THREE carb.

That should be it, even if you have a fuel gauge there's no hoses leading from it, wires yes, hoses no.

Comment

The petcock vacuum line goes to the #2 carb nipple. The two vent lines go over the airbox. The long hose that comes from the fuel tank feeds down between the front and rear airboxes and attaches to a clip on the centerstand.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

see there ya go...im tellin ya all wrong...Thanks chef...now i have a question WTF is that hose goin to the centerstand for??

Comment

Fuel overflow when filling!!!

Comment

Actually it's there in case you develop a leak in your fuel sending unit and instead of having a live bomb between your legs it drips harmlessly to the ground.:shock:
                        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                        X