Hello everyone, I'm back in touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I'm back in touch

It's been quite a while ( 3 years). The 83 gs750 is running great and the 78 gs1000 is still in a box but have collected allot of goodies. I recently came across a deal that has put a different light on my bike intentions. I have the oppurtunity to get a 1982 gs1100 L for $200.00. It was running and a daily rider about 3 mos ago til the guy lost spark on 2 cyl. I'm thinking igniter and coils and I'm in biz. What I'm considering is getting the bike and doing a little conversion with some 78 parts and eliminating the L appearance. I prefer a more sporty look. Is this do-able? Should I put 29 or 33 smoothebores on? Bike currently has the 32bf and jet kit with V&H 4 into 1. Thanks for any input and it's good to be back.
    Oh, ps. Don't be mad at me but I'll include a photo of my last good deal. This bike had only 1035 mi when I got it with a snapped #2 exhaust valve.

The 1100s came with 34mm carbs. The 33 smoothbores should work.
    Fine looking $200 bike!!!
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Thanks chef, the photo is a 77 kz1000ltd. Got that on a trade for a trailer. After a valve job, I put on clubman bars,29mm smoothebores,dyna coils/wire/ignition,kerker4-1,and avon super venoms.
      The GS1100 deal is 200.00. I should pick up the bike next week. She will get some heavy modification after she is initially up running.Can the seats on those L models be switched out? I looked in the gallery for some custom photos but did not see any seat changes.
      Have you seen any VM33 Smoothebores lately.
      Last edited by Guest; 10-12-2007, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I sold a couple of 33s last year on Fleabay. That would where I'd look.
        1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
        1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahuna View Post
          The GS1100 deal is 200.00. I should pick up the bike next week. She will get some heavy modification after she is initially up running.Can the seats on those L models be switched out? .
          I'll give you $250.00 for the bike and throw in a seat for your next project. \\/

Comment

Sorry Dave, no deal. This will be my last bike project. Once my two superbikes are complete, its a new Triump rocket lll for this boy. Mama has been patient and she wants to cruise. I love the old GS and KZ bikes but they are really a one man ride unless your 5'1. I will have lot's of parts when I am finished and will post them.

Comment

Working...
            X