Bogs after 6RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogs after 6RPM

82' GS850. The carbs are all synced and everything. 4-1 Vance and Hines pipe. I had gotten some SS bolts for the tops and bottoms of my carbs and along with that got some o-rings for the intake boots because I had a vibration around 4RPM. So I put new bolts on my carbs and replaced the o-rings which were flat against the boots themselves. If I put my bike on center stand and throttle it any RPM at any time it fires like a rocket and also I switched through the gears on the center stand and as well no hesitation or sounds of bogging. However when I take it for a ride if I go easy through the gears no prob at all. When I romp on the throttle around 4RPM and up it sounds like it is gasping for air. Before I put bolts and o-rings on, it did not do this. Thanks for the help.

Do you have pod filters? Did you just clean and re-oil them?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I don't have pod filters. I just have a K&N filter. I checked it and put new weather stripping on top of the filter case. The filter is lightly sprayed and can see through it with no debris. I am going to take my carbs off and just check the intake boot o-ring's to see if they set in the grooves right.

Comment

Plug chop.

Get it up to 6 on the street and hit the kill switch, pull a plug.

Comment

Working...
        X