Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS750E(UK)FITTING FIBREGLASS TANK

hi

i'm in the process of fitting a fibreglass tank to my gs750,the tank has got two petrol taps but my original tank has got a single tap with two outlets of slightly different diameters.Why does my original tank have these two?would it be best to use a union and go two into one carb inlet and blank the smaller one off or do i have to do it another way,any advice appreciated.thanks

On the original tank, the smaller of the two "outlets" is a vacuum hook up to operate the petcock. The bigger one is for fuel. Don't know about the new tank, but all that's important is that carbs get gas from the tank. If you don't have a vacuum operated petcock for the new tank, make sure you cap off the vacuum hose from the carbs.

Comment

thanks luke

Comment

Nick I send you the number of the guy I got the seat unit from by email, good luck with the bike and the racing in the Earlystocks, looks like great FUN!!! Wish we had something like this over here in Holland.

Comment

Where did you find a fiberglass tank for the GS?

Hap

Comment

hi hap
            i bought it off ebay-i don't know if it was originally made for a gs750 but it was fitted to one and that was good enough for me,however it's a big ugly brute of a thing-just want my bike to be different,cheers

Comment

Working...
            X