carb cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb cleaning

i've got a gs 550, i've pulled the carbs off but not apart, can i clean them with a spray or something instead of taking them apart,

Clean them good!!

No, you need to take them completely apart and soak them in carb cleaner. Make CERTAIN that you take apart everything and separate every component. Don't put ANYTHING made of rubber in the bath. If your air mixture screws are capped, you'll need to gently drill through the cap where you'll find a screw...(each carb). Remove the screw and the needle will be surrounded by a small rubber O-ring. After you've soaked everything good, check to see that the jets are the proper size and that they're clear of debris. Don't re-use anything that looks to be worn out because you don't want to have to do it all over again. Put them back together and you'll be ready to rock-n-roll. Good luck! By the way, on my bike, the hardest part of the job is getting the damn things off and on! :roll:
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Try this out if you need more info on doing your carbs:

Comment

I wonder if it's possible to get a tutorial like that for the non-cv carbs... like the ones I have to do soon

Comment

Working...
        X