Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choke cable pulls out of steering stem

hi everyone

when i pull the choke knob on my 80' gs850 the whole top assembly (like a plastic cable wrap at the top of the cable) comes out of the steering stem

i can't figure out the way that this assembly is meant to be fixed inside that nut on top of the steering stem

the PO used glue but i doubt that's the proper way

i couldn't find any info in the 2 manuals that i have, nor using search on these forums

any info appreciated, as this is an annoying issue on an otherwise mint bike

cheers
    GS850GT

Get a new choke cable. The bottom bit of the choke knob is threaded, and screws into the threading on the steering stem nut. Looks like the threading on the housing of the old choke cable is stripped.

Comment

+1 to new choke cable..

It's supposed to screw in..
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

yup, suddenly it all makes sense...

where best to order the cable from?
        z1enterprises?

thanks
        GS850GT

Comment

Z1 is always a good choice, do they ship to Oz? Your local Suzuki dealer should be able to order one for you too.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
            Z1 is always a good choice, do they ship to Oz? Your local Suzuki dealer should be able to order one for you too.
            interestingly, everything i ever needed turned out to be considerably cheeper shipped from the states than bought through the local (new zealand) dealer...
            this goes for alphasports, bikebandit, z1, ebay, etc
            GS850GT

Comment

Working...
            X