Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Change Your Oil - A Pictorial Guide

Greetings friends and neighbors,

I received a couple of requests to document an oil and filter change procedure. I have done so and posted another PDF document at my BikeCliff website. For those of you who have never changed your own oil and filter, I know this will help you. I had a friend help me the first time. I'll be your friend, but this is about the only way I can help. Enjoy!

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
    (Honorary Tech Writer) :-D

I would do it with warm oil not cold.... the oil flows easier & brings out more crud with it which is the ultimate aim.

You have to be a little bit careful with the pipes but a set of latex or mechanics gloves can save you from any "ouch" moments.

Dan
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Black gold, Texas tea

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      I would do it with warm oil not cold.... the oil flows easier & brings out more crud with it which is the ultimate aim.

You have to be a little bit careful with the pipes but a set of latex or mechanics gloves can save you from any "ouch" moments.

Dan
      I can see your point Mr. salty_monk. Especially in colder climates, having your oil a little warm makes it flow more easily. In my garage last Sunday it was almost 90 degrees. I hope that was warm enough. :-D

Maybe when the fires are out we can go for a ride?

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

That sounds good... Any time

I usually roll up into the garage after a run, stick it on the centrestand & just drop the plug straight out there & then. I'll give it 10 mins draining (cup of coffee ) before messing with the filter though just in case I touch the pipes by accident.

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
        X