1150 clutch and extra plain plate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1150 clutch and extra plain plate?

I am currently rebuilding a 1150EFE which is going in my 750Kat. I am at the stage of installing the clutch and have found I have an extra plain plate.

In the manual it states I should have 9 fibre and 9 plain plates.

The first plate which is a plain plate is retained by thin wire circlip, then there is nine frictions plates and eight plain plates. The last plate being a friction plate.

I did not notice when I pulled the motor apart but I have 10 plain plates and nine friction plates.......

They were all in the motor before I build it apart, should I put them all back? I think not! Has anyone come across this before? I actually don't think the motor has been apart before as the motor has only done 4,000km.

It should be 10 plain & 10 friction, struck the same issue when I replaced the full set of plates in my EFF, dealer only supplied 9 of each, as earlier models took 9 of each. 1150's should have 10 of each, so I wonder what happened to your other friction plate?

Dink

Comment

Ok thanks for the answer.

I will have a good look for an extra plate, I maybe able to order just one?

Comment

I can't see how 10 plates would fit..... It looks more like there was an extra friction plate added my mistake.

Are you sure 10 of each will fit?

Comment

Just checked the parts fiche and it says 9 of each, so remove the extra one.

Dink

Comment

Hmmm...
            Do you think maybe the clutch springs were weak, so somebody added the extra plate to compensate?

Comment

Barnett sells an "extra plate" kit that has an extra fiber. they're thinner than stock and the top 2 in the pack are fibers

Comment

I have many steels and fibers, If you need one.

On another note, are you planning on grafting the 1150 front rubber motor mounts to your Kat mounts?
                GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                X