Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok..Who knows the answers to these pressing questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok..Who knows the answers to these pressing questions??

I have recently procured an 80 750e. My hope was to use the EXCELLANT frame for my 77 cafe project as i am not quite sure i like the way the PO of my 77 cut the frame. BUT i have since found that the tank of my 77 doesnt fit on the 80 (shoulda guessed that) My new thoughts on it are to pull the forks, or mayhaps the entire mast from the 80 to place on the 77 (dual disc and stock length forks are the reason for this thought) Does anyone know if this will be a bolt up situation or will it require exstensive mods?

Second, what major mods would be required to switch the dual disc set up over to the spokes from the cast wheels?

And..whats more, after i have pulled what i want off this thing, most likely whats left will be for sale... havent decided yet, as i may attempt to get the 80 running (top end wasnt getting oil and has some scoring going on)

If i do decide to sell, i will list for those interested...at any rate,
    any help on the above would be great!!

Thanks
    TCK

Oh God help me.

Comment

Yes god help you..that looks like a painfull condition you have there. Let me clarify...it's not simply a matter of rebuilding the top end of the 80 and having a complete bike...ALL of the body work is gone. For those purists *freaking* out and shuddering at the thought of this, neither bike is in "classic" or restorable condition...simple enough. Thanks for your imput

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Second, what major mods would be required to switch the dual disc set up over to the spokes from the cast wheels?
        If your wire wheel hub has a plastic cover on the right side, and under that cover are some holes, it's a direct bolt up. Just bolt the discs onto the wire wheel and mount it up to the newer forks.

I'm pretty sure all the standard and E model front ends interchange with the correct bearings
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Thank you sir! Info very much appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            If your wire wheel hub has a plastic cover on the right side, and under that cover are some holes, it's a direct bolt up. Just bolt the discs onto the wire wheel and mount it up to the newer forks.

I'm pretty sure all the standard and E model front ends interchange with the correct bearings
            Hmm I was wondering whats under my plastic cover. I shall check tomorrow

Comment

Working...
            X