Owwwwwwwouch SONOFA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owwwwwwwouch SONOFA....

Ok so ive read all of the carb cleaning posts and series in the garage and what little experience ive had myself. And thus far its been pretty smooth...no stuck screws, no munged up jets etc. Came to cleaning the jets and holes and orifaces out with carb cleaner...and i remember reading, yo dummy, dont point the jets at your face...so im cleaning away, and sometimes you just dont know where those holes come out....Carb cleaner right in my eye...direct hit.Alls i can say is that was shere pain...i thought it was going to melt. l urge all would be carb rebuilders, for gods sake wear some safety glasses, cos sometimes you just cant tell...frickin noobs..heheheh

OUCH!! Many Years I splashed some Methylene Chloride in My Eye and I WAS Wearing Glasses! D@MN that Hurt!
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Count me in. The eye is an amazing thing. It recovers from just about anything. I learned that the best way to wear safety glasses is to have several of them placed around the house and work areas in strategic places so that they're REAL easy to get to. That way you're not tempted to say "aahhh, this'll only take a second". DOH !!!

Comment

When I was a kid, one of several times my mother got a call from school that started with "Paul is OK, but...." was when I tried to help the girl who sat behind me in Biology class open the clam she had to dissect. Mine opened easily, but her's popped open suddenly and I splashed formaldehyde in my eye...:shock:

Comment

Praise the ALMIGHTY EYE! Well atleast mine anyways. I've gotten so much junk in them its not funny. Gas, Carb Cleaner, Brake Cleaner (Hurts ALOT worse), etc.... You think i'd learn by now. But amazingly enough they survive on

Comment

and somehow we never learn...lmao

Comment

Heh, I was grinding the other day without eye protection. Got a little piece flying in there. I got it out within a few minutes...it didn't hurt so much as irritate for the next 2 days or so.

Comment

had a buddy who did that, got a bunch in there and had to have them DRILLED out of his eyeball....that makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it...8-[

Comment

When I was a kid -- about twelve, I guess -- I spent a while one afternoon watching a guy arc weld.

No dark goggles, nothing.
                  and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
                  __________________________________________________ ______________________
                  2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                    When I was a kid -- about twelve, I guess -- I spent a while one afternoon watching a guy arc weld.

No dark goggles, nothing.
                    Are you still seeing spots??
                    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                      had a buddy who did that, got a bunch in there and had to have them DRILLED out of his eyeball....that makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it...8-[
                      This is scares me working in a body shop. I constantly get metal in my eyes but the worst thing that happened at work was I got a splash of lacquer thinner in my eye.

Comment

When I was maybe 4 or 5 we were playing out behind a house my dad was working on for some people at the church we went to. There was a big pile of sawdust we were having fun in and one of my siblings threw a big handful in my face. It ended up in both of my eyes. We couldn't afford doctors at the time so my Mom called our family doctor to see what to do. I laid up in bed unable to open my eyes for at least a week because of the pain while keeping wash cloths that had been soaked in a boric acid solution over my eyes. I think that was the most painful thing I've ever had happen to me. Even the slightest eye movement was unbearable.

Comment

Man ill tell you what ive had lots of stuff in my eyes..PVC cleaner gas..etc. but that carb cleaner hurt more than i thought i could bare...i honestly thought i was gonna be blind..i rinsed it out for about an hour before it stopped burning and even then the underside of my lids felt like sand paper across them

Comment

My manager told me about 10 years ago he got battery acid in his eyes. He actually went blind for a few days. His sight returned but he said his eyes were never right again and after that he now wears his goggles religiously

Comment

There was one time in highschool when a buddy brought some of that atomic sauce from Quacker Steak and Lube in. Well I put a drop on my finger so I could try it. Well about a half hour later I rubbed my eyes. I thought my eyes were going to bust it hurt so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X