Owwwwwwwouch SONOFA....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by don_gibb6512 View Post
    The eye is an amazing thing. It recovers from just about anything.

The son in law got it while bleeding brakes. Yep, brake fluid sprayed in his eyes. The doc said it melted the membrane off his eye. 2 days blind and some serious eye drops / disinfectant and hes back to seeing.

WEAR SAFTY GLASSES !!!!
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

My worst was a wood splitting incident. I was splitting kidnling with a hatched & managed to launch a splinter about 1/2 inch long into my eye. It stuck, point in into the white of my eye. Weird to look in the mirror and see something sticking out of your eye!

JM

Comment

Yick, I've had indirect carb cleaner mist into the eye. Wasn't pleasant. I get lazy about safety goggles since I wear eyeglasses, but it's definitely not the same. Were you using Berryman's or some "lesser" carb cleaner? Berryman's turns skin "leprous" on contact... can't imagine what it'd do to an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Are you still seeing spots??
          I did for about a week, but that first night -- wow. I woke up about 3 a.m. with my eyes stuck shut & more pain than I could describe.

That permanently changed my attitude about eye protection. Fortunately for me, that's about all that was permanent.
          and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
          __________________________________________________ ______________________
          2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Originally posted by t3rmin View Post
            Yick, I've had indirect carb cleaner mist into the eye. Wasn't pleasant. I get lazy about safety goggles since I wear eyeglasses, but it's definitely not the same. Were you using Berryman's or some "lesser" carb cleaner? Berryman's turns skin "leprous" on contact... can't imagine what it'd do to an eye.
            yeah it was their cleaner in a spray can...never got the dip in the eye, that could be pretty disasterous id say...that stuff is like acid on the skin..

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
              yeah it was their cleaner in a spray can...never got the dip in the eye, that could be pretty disasterous id say...that stuff is like acid on the skin..
              Yeah that's what I was referencing - the spray stuff. Seems like Barryman's spray carb cleaner is nastier than the rest. That's good for cleaning carbs but bad for eyeballs. ;-)

Comment

Most of the spray carb cleaners use methylene chloride, which works really well, but is nasty stuff to deal with. I've had my share of solvents in the eyes due to working in labs for 30 years. Chlorinated solvents are the worst, with toluene and xylene close behind. I'm very good about using safety glasses as a result of lessons learned, but sometimes they slide down while you're bending over parts, sweating like crazy.
                JP
                1982 GS1100EZ (awaiting resurrection)
                1992 Concours
                2001 GS500 (Dad's old bike)
                2007 FJR

Comment

When I was about 12 I guess, I was puttin on my jacket after art class. I happened to have a sharp #2 pencil in the same hand I was using to zip up my jacket. Yep, right into the corner of the eye. Wow that hurt, but boy is the visual of that funny!
                  Currently bikeless
                  '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                  '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by ptm View Post
                    When I was a kid, one of several times my mother got a call from school that started with "Paul is OK, but...." was when I tried to help the girl who sat behind me in Biology class open the clam she had to dissect. Mine opened easily, but her's popped open suddenly and I splashed formaldehyde in my eye...:shock:
                    I used to teach anatomy labs where fetal pigs were dissected. They were often pressurized with the preservative. The first incision would sometimes unleash a geyser that could shoot 3 or 4 feet high for a second or so. Preservative plus blood. An ugly, stinky mess.
                    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Working...
                    X