Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regulator/rectifier swapout

Hi all.
    After a month of hard service as a despatch mount, my GS850 has rewarded me by burning out its rectifier - and I mean BURNING! - in the middle of a day's work.
    Now - I happen to have a Honda Superdream unit ready to swap in, but I need one piece of advice; the Honda unit has three yellow leads (for the alternator feeds) a red one and a green one. The GS has the three leads off to the alternator, one to earth beside the starter solenoid, and one off into the wiring harnes (s'pose for the third-phase switching)
    Basically - which of the other two leads goes where, the green or red to the the earth, and which in turn to the wiring harness???? As this is a common mod, can anyone advise me and help me reduce the swapout to a couple of hours' work????
    TIA, Phylo

You can find the answer in the tips and tricks section

Steve

Comment

3 leads to the stator, one to ground and the one (red) that goes to the wiring harness can be routed straight to the pos terminal on you battery. I would, if I were you, route the ground to the neg terminal on your battery.

Comment

check wiring?? red to battery, green to ground three yellow to stator.
        Run a heavy 8-10 ga wire from the case (mounting bolt) directly to the - post on the battery

Comment

Working...
        X