Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory Manual for '83 GS750/'85GS700 on ebay!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Factory Manual for '83 GS750/'85GS700 on ebay!!!!!

Just a heads up for my fellow '83/'85 GS750/700 owners.

Thanks, I'm bidding on it.

Comment

Ack..he only ships within the US. I'm in dire need of a manual myself, but over here it would cost me $111 for a new one, and I haven't been able to find any used manuals.

Comment

Copying Service Manual?

Is it illegal to copy the service manual? Could I buy one and copy the parts I want, and then sell it? I need a service manual for this bike, but I don't want to get in a bidding war with lhanscom. If its legal I wouldn't have a problem buying it from e-bay, copying what I want then selling it to him for half of what I paid for it. Does anybody know?

Comment

I'm no lawyer, but that sounds like you're braking the law somehow...still - even with todays terrorist threats and threat level sky-high warnings - I don't think you'll get a SWAT team chuting down your chimney to confiscate those extra pages.

The bike shop closest to me let's me copy stuff from their book, I just come in and they let me have the book and the photocopier for a while. But I would prefer to have my own manual.

These books aren't exactly plentiful, so if it's any comfort - at least I understand your motives.

Comment

Copy of Manual

I will pay you for a copy of the manual.
            All I need is the pages copied, I have a fed Ex account you can ship it to me with.
            I will put it in my own binder and punch all the holes.
            I just hate to pay $60 for the same thing, let me know a price
            Thanks
            Joshua

Comment

I tried to scan the pages, and they're too thin so the text shows up from both sides of the paper on each scan. To get the pages copied at Kinko's or wherever is too expensive to be worth it. Unfortunatly you're stuck watching ebay, or paying $60, if you want the full manual. If you want some specific info though, I will try my best.

Comment

I tried to scan the pages, and they're too thin so the text shows up from both sides of the paper on each scan.
                You might try putting a sheet of black construction paper between the page you are copying and the lid of your scanner. That way, there is no contrast between the writing on the back side and the background, so the copies should come out clear. I think that should work. Let me know if you try it. Thanks.

Comment

Actually I already tried that, the black showed thru the paper so much it was hard to read the page you wanted to see. I can mess with it again and see what I come up with.

Comment

Working...
                  X