GS650L clutch gasket needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
    Are you talking about the clutch cover gasket???? Just go to www.bikebandit.com and order it.
    yep. I did already. i thought I said that in my last post. I had some problems getting the right one found, in case you missed it in the posts... start at the top for the full story.

And, if this is a bother to you, then don't waste your time reading anymore... Those who were helping me I thought would appreciate a thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by wharrah View Post
      yep. I did already. i thought I said that in my last post. I had some problems getting the right one found, in case you missed it in the posts... start at the top for the full story.

And, if this is a bother to you, then don't waste your time reading anymore... Those who were helping me I thought would appreciate a thank you.
      Yeah, Im kind slow.sorry,LOL!!!!! I just feel sorry for the 650's. they seem to get left out of most everything.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
        Yeah, Im kind slow.sorry,LOL!!!!! I just feel sorry for the 650's. they seem to get left out of most everything.
        Not in our camp...\\/ some just don't know what they're missing! :-D

Comment

If something happens at BikeBandit and they don't have it after all, I have one in my grubby little paws. Suzuki part # 11482-34210, and has the one large hole you mentioned. I believe it's for the 650, as I got one for each of my bikes, the 850 and the 650, but used the one for the 850 when the bike got painted and polished last year.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

will let you know...

Thanks, Steve. Will let ya know how it goes. Would be nice to get my brother his bike back before Thanksgiving, for sure Christmas... 8-[

Thanks, Folks.

This is why I'm on this list. :-D

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
              Not in our camp...\\/ some just don't know what they're missing! :-D
              Yeah.Buddy!!!!!!

Comment

hey

Hi...no problem, actually I haven't been on the site for a long time either and I just happened to notice your post. I never did post what happened to my bike...basically I rode it out to Sturgis and around that area just fine, put 1015 miles on it out there and about 20 miles north of Aberdeen it made a loud POP! and it's done. I think I blew valves...it would still fire back up but it was running really rough and so we packed it in the back of the truck that we had with us and brought it home. Basically it was just getting pushed too hard, the lead guy in our group said he was going to keep the speed at about 70-75mph and all of a sudden the guy next to him (who doesn't have a speedo) took off and I was going about 85mph just to barely keep up. Not to mention that it was well over 100 degrees that day. I really wish it wouldn't of happened, I love my Suzi. But I'm going to keep it and maybe someday I'll fix it. In the meantime my mom said she would co-sign for me and I'm the proud new owner of a Triumph Speedmaster!

Comment

The FINAL progress report, as promised.

Hi everyone!

Well, most of my day was tied up going flying for the first time in 14 months, and then doing some tech support for a friend of mine in florida via telephone for her computer... oy, that's a tough job!

But, this evening I tore into putting the GS back together... Finally had ALL the parts I needed.

Clutch springs, missing bolt for the clutch arm on the crankcase (which my brother had lost) and a new clutch cable (to ensure I had the right one). Got all that from BikeBandit... OH... I got the CORRECT :-D gasket from them, too, thanks to all of your help here!

Bought new set of clutch disks from Z1Enterprises. They were the cheapest and you seem to think pretty highly of them.

Used a dremmel tool with a tiny wire wheel (after scraping both surfaces with a razor blade... then a tiny grinding wheel to ensure no foreign stuff was left... soaked the clutch disks in oil while I ate supper... then Everything went back together fine afterwards... Took my time, and tried hard not to screw up anything...

Well, I put it all back together, put oil in it, and put the oil gauge back on it that RenoBruce gave me. My brother and I both sure love that gauge!

Started the bike up, and of course, its colder than hell so it was a bit crabby... but, then after a few minutes it still runs like dog poo... not sure why. Take it for a short jaunt around the neighborhood (300 feet maybe) and it runs like its running out of gas...

I scratch my head, park it, and then go to figuring out what the problem might be. I also noticed that when I let go of the throttle, as it warmed up, the bike took off and ran about 4K with no throttle... like, a vaccuum leak would act....

So, pull things back apart slowly to look for a problem I go.... See, I had been forced to pull the tank back off as the biggest problem my brother had when he replaced the cable, is he had been overzealous in turning corners, routing it thru hoops and had put too many 90degree bends in it, and it was not possible to pull. I reran it under the tank again and straightened it out so it would pull nice and gentle. This time it worked swell.

The only time the bike would run GOOD (like it always has) was when I put it on PRIME... Hmmmmmm... Then I got a light and started looking REAL CLOSE.

Evidently when I put the tank back on, I missed one of the two rubber hoses that go to the petcock. It was dangling in the breeze, the smaller hose. I believe it is the VACCUUM hose... DOH! 8-[

Started it up again, and purrs like a kitten now. So, I just need to adjust the clutch a teensy bit more and it'll be done.

I think I have some fine-tuning of the clutch a little, as it doesn't "quite" seem to release fully... but maybe i'm either paranoid about over tightening it all up (at the cable ends) or maybe the clutches will loosen up a bit and I should be patient.. Since its going to my 10-thumbed brother, I was thinking I should try to have it adjusted pretty close. Any suggestions?

Thank you ALL for helping me with this problem. I now am confident my brother will have a really good (reliable) bike to ride for a long time... as soon as I can get it back to him, that is...! :shock:

I love happy endings.. don't you?

Comment

Clutch happily ever after

Mr. wharrah,

Nice work. And thanks for sharing the results. A happy ending always gets me all weepy and junk, I'm such a softie. 8-[

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Comment

Working...
                    X