Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright!! Another tech question from ME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright!! Another tech question from ME!!

Ok so now that im slowly starting to fix my carb issues..the knocking or rattling that i have been saying ive been hearing i believe i have isolated it...Using the old fashioned but very effective ear to the screwdriver technique, i think ive issolated the sound to be coming from my cam tensioner...whats more, if i touch it, i can feel it vibrate in time with the chattering...what is the cause..and what can i / do i do to fix it?? this may be a bit over my pay grade...

Thanks for your help!!

TCK

We can address that when we re-sync your carbs. Give me a call, we can do it some time next week.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Sounds good buddy I should have quite a few days for you to choose from as i have worked so much they've seen fit to only work me four and pay me for five for the next to weeks as payback (not much of a payback but ill take what i can get) Plus i may have a couple other goodies i might ask for direction on...already changed my rear shocks/springs (pulled off that 80) and no 3 inches doesnt make it look goofy at all, as a matter of fact it looks meaner, as if it possibly could. I have visions of dual front brakes, but that will depend on whats under the plastic hup cap on my wires...cos i am for sure keeping those...possibly getting rid of those oddball forks in exchange for the 80s stock? dunno if it will work, you'd know better than i. Ideas abound...but lets just get it running right first..hehehe:-D

Comment

Cafe Kid what days you going to be off I want to stop by and see how your bikes coming along.

Comment

Actually ill be working all nights this week with the exception of friday i think. Ill have Saturday and possibly sunday off. You at school durring the day? if ya stop by i could actually use a hand...ive gotta get these shocks mounted and the bike doesnt have a center stand, i dont have a floor jack, or a paddock stand...i need to get one of those, i wonder where a good place to find em is...anyway, i could use the extra hand...i can pick the bikes rear up, i just need someone who knows what to do to get the studs screwed in thru the clevis while i hold it...

Comment

I work during the day and got school on tue, thurs, and Fri. I could stop by on sunday.

Comment

Sounds good man, even if i do work sunday i wont have to leave till 4. I may even have that XS400 running by then too..im on a tear...its like a whole new world of carb understanding has opened up...LMAO

Comment

Once you get all this carb stuff figured you can help me tune my bike.

Comment

Yours is a 78 right?? 79?? Still have the VM carbs on it or are they BS? I need to buy a manometer of my own, Steves been helping me out using his (Thanks again Steve!) Your pipes stock?? Pods or still have the stock airbox?

Comment

Mine a 79, It was the last year for the VM. I still got the stock air box but was thinking about making a custom one. I was thinking of redoing the exhaust but want to keep the stock look of the 4 into 2.

Comment

is it running at all?? If i were you for your own sanity i would probably stick with the stock box...putting pods on it (from both what ive read and now experienced) creates a whole bag of carb tuning issues...but if you want to give it a go we can give a crack at it..

Comment

Oh, goody, another local victim, er, GS rider. :shock:

n1elkyfan, give me a holler when you need some help. If you are going to stop by to help TCK on Sunday, give me a time, I might be able to stop by, too. 8-[

sigpic
                        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                        Family Portrait
                        Siblings and Spouses
                        Mom's first ride
                        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Hell yeah!! Good idea!

Comment

And N1...Steve is good people man and a hell of a guy You guys say 10ish at my place or too early for ya??

Comment

Sounds good to me. Cafe pm your address.

Comment

Working...
                              X