gsx1100 heads on a gs1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsx1100 heads on a gs1000

help. remember the old air cooled gsx1100's well a friend of mine has got the head of one and we got to thinking that my bike would be the mutts nuts with it on. Only one problem, we don't know if it will fit. Does anyone out there in GS land know if it can be done and if it has been done. the GS is a 1980 GS1000E but i don't know the age of the head only that it is air cooled. there is also a set of flat slide carbs to go on as well. If it works it should be well fast. cheers, Jeff

I don't believe the GSX1100 head will fit without some major machine work. You would also have to change the pistons...you would need pistons with indentions on top for the four valves that you would now have. It would be easier and cheaper to replace the entire motot with a GSX1100 motor.

Hap

Comment

I agree with Hap. Totally different head and piston design. far cheaper and easier to replace the GS1000 motor with a GSX11000 motor. By the time you reengineer the GSX1100 head and chnage pistons you may as well have done up the GS1000 head.

Comment

Thanks hap and saaz, i didn't think it would work but it was cheaper to ask than to do half the job nad then find BUGGER it doesn't fit. cheers guys and keep it rubber side down. jeff

Comment

Working...
        X