Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

points wiring problem...

Hi guys,

I know it's been discussed here before, but i didn't really get a clear answer to what I was looking for - i'm pretty sure my new points are wired incorrectly. Can anyone tell me which condenser wire goes where on the points and which are isolated with the non-conducting disk from what? I think that both wires are supposed to be isolated from the baseplate, yes?

Thanks,
    Aujax

Originally posted by aujax View Post
    I think that both wires are supposed to be isolated from the baseplate, yes?
    Yep, that would be correct.

Comment

AUJAX. Both condensers are attached directly to the base plate, i.e. to earth. The wire coming from the condenser is attached to the position on the points that is insulated from the base plate and the wire coming from the ignition switch that comes through the bottom of the crankcase cavity is attached to the same point.

[IMG]file:///J:/DCIM/100SSCAM/S3010298.JPG[/IMG]

If still unsure or my explanation is not clear message back.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Sorry. I tried to attach a photo of ignition base plate and wiring diagram. But I obviously don't know how to do it. Maybe someone can give me some advice. I'm not great on computer savvy.

Cheers

Don

Comment

I think I have worked it out. Hope this works.

Cheers

Don

Comment

points wiring

Thanks Don,

My points are slightly different, but I guess the same principles apply...let you know how it works out...

Thanks,
            Aujax

Comment

points wiring

Just to clarify, both the ignition wires and the condenser wires are in contact with the black ribbon springs on each side and all four wires are isolated from the base plate by the non-conducting washers. Sound right?

Comment

Yes, and the black ribbon springs are isolated from the base plate.

Earl

Originally posted by aujax View Post
                Just to clarify, both the ignition wires and the condenser wires are in contact with the black ribbon springs on each side and all four wires are isolated from the base plate by the non-conducting washers. Sound right?
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                  I think I have worked it out. Hope this works.

Cheers

Don
                  The white wire from the ignition lead with one condensor wire goes to left ribbon spring and is insulated from base plate. Black wire from ignition lead goes to right ribbon spring with the accompanying condenser wire. There is no difference in the condensers so it does not matter which of the condensor wires goes to which set of points.

Cheers

Don

Comment

Working...
                  X