Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANOTHER gsxr front end on a 83gs1100e question!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANOTHER gsxr front end on a 83gs1100e question!!!

I want to put a newer gsxr1100 frontend on my 1983 gs1100e. from the other forums I figured I need to go witha 2nd generation gsxr front end... my question is .... on any of these do you have to change the the whole front end (triple tree, head stem guages) or can you just slide the new gsxr fork tubes into the stock 83 triples???? any help would be greatly appreciated.

trees are necessary on all gsxr changes inverted fork upper tube diameter is larger. taper roller bearing in the neck is a breeze to get to fit right
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

chances are the fork tube diameter will be way off, thus forcing you to use the gsxr triples.

But it never hurts to measure and find out
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
        chances are the fork tube diameter will be way off, thus forcing you to use the gsxr triples.

But it never hurts to measure and find out

Well, the GSXR fork tubes will be around 50mm OD and the stock tubes will be 35mm or 36mm, so there is zero chance this will work. You NEED to swap the entire front end in order to get the axle size, wheel, spacers and brakes to work. Everything is a different size between these two bikes and you need a complete package to make the swap work. Don't forget that you will need to put a 17" rear wheel in as well, to match up to the 17" radial front tire.

Mark

Comment

Get the complete front end, wheel included if you can. You'll get a better deal than buying the parts individually. That and you know everything fits.

You'll need the complete front end cause nothing on your existing front end and the new front end will be compatible.

Keep scouring eBay for GSXR 1100 front ends and you'll find a good deal. There's one on there right now for cheap. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-...em330183600779

IIRC, this particular swap may require a steering stem bearing swap. If that's the case, All Balls has a bunch of adapter bearings you can use to make the swap work. Give them a call.

Comment

Working...
          X