Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

carb half empty or half full ?

Hi

if using the measure method to set float height - i belive the height is suppose to be 4.5 to 5.5 mm....now to my tricky (or dumb) question...

1) is the measure in height of the fuel from the lower edge or
    - This would mean that the fuel will be 4.5 or 5.5 high from the lower edgeand will be more nearer to the top edge.
    2) is the measure from the top (from the carb joint)
    - This would mean that the fuel level will be more lower to the bottom edge

so which is it ?

with the carbs upside down, floats adjusted up (toward you) means less gas in the bowl before shut off if i remember right..adjusted down means more gass in the bowl before the valve shuts...is this what you're talking about?

Comment

not really. Thought i was unclear. you are refering to the adjustment of the float. I am actually referring to the method of using the clear tube and the carbs mounted on the bike.

the drain plug is replaced by the adaptor which is connected to the clear tube.

the level is measured at the side of the float chamber. I am referring to that height...

Comment

bottom of the upper carb body outer casting lip edge is a good reference within 2mm(+ or- 1mm). the inner bowl mating surface is a little too high to set fuel height as the fuel will probably leak when bike is on the side stand.
        Last edited by trippivot; 11-06-2007, 10:15 AM.
        SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

So basically 2mm below the upper body edge

Currently its at about 3 to 4 mm - but the bike sometime spills over and fuel leaks of the air filter box.

Comment

For the 850 it calls for fuel level 5.0 + - .5 or ( 0.20 + - .02) from the top edge of the float bowl
            Last edited by Guest; 11-07-2007, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X