Yoshimura VS Jardine j3800-BL on a 1978 GS-750E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yoshimura VS Jardine j3800-BL on a 1978 GS-750E

I am in need of some advice. I have a 1978 GS750E, the motor is stock, the ignition is electronic, the coils are Accel with aftermarket acccel wires, the carbs are Mikuni 29MM smooth bores. I currently have a Yoshimura pipe thats needs a baffle. I can't seem to find one so I have to either buy a complete used Yoshimura exhaust for 150.00, take the baffle and use it because the rest is for a KZ1000 or buy a new system for 259.00 which is made by Jardine I believe. The part number is J3800-bl and can be found on the web easily. Which one do you think would be better ? Can the exhaust muffler or cans be replaced on the J3800 system to improve performance if needed. I am worried the sytem will need rejetted with any additional flow restriction. OH what a pain in my A@@. [/url]

A staight open Yosh? Man, that thing must just WHAIL!! You could get a small competition Kerker baffle (1 1/2" baffle tube) and resize the end caps to fit in the Yosh, but they still cost 80 bucks or so from Dennis Kirk. Looks pretty much like home fab or buying another exhaust, parts or otherwise

Comment

Yosh RS3 canisters come in different inlet sizes. Just keep an eye on Ebay. Everything from stainless, aluminum, carbon, and ti units for sale all the time there.

Comment

Anybody familiar with the Yosh design? Can the header be reused with a canister. I have heard terms of a mid pipe sounds like something that goes between the header collector and the canister? Do you think a exhaust shop could fabricate one fairly easily and I could have it powder coated or something ? Then I could use my header header and any can I wanted.

Comment

Some of the slip-ons come with a midpipe. Just measure the outlet on the collector for reference. The majority of the newer Yosh pipes have 2" inlets on both the midpipe and canister. There are other sizes if you watch Ebay though.

Comment

Working...
          X