No announcement yet.

Rant... exhaust bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestions guys... let this be a learning experience for others! If you don't hear a squeaking noise when you're loosening the bolt from the head, you are likely breaking the bolt! Well this is what I've observed anyways... don't know if this is a general rule.

Umm Kroil, I googled it and wish I'd known earlier :?

Comment

Originally posted by gsgeezer View Post
      For others who haven't broken theirs yet: KROIL
      Wish I would have read this before I removed the exhaust on my '80 550E. Two bolts snapped off, both on #4, one of them almost flush with the head. It's going to suck to get them out...

Comment

Which one is best? They sell a lot of different ones which all seem to do the same thing...

1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

my bike's previous owner ruined a few exhaust and intake bolts for me. i tried extractor bits and they are WEAK sauce.

so i ended up drilling and an now in search of taps and or self tapping bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by hotbox05 View Post
            my bike's previous owner ruined a few exhaust and intake bolts for me. i tried extractor bits and they are WEAK sauce.

so i ended up drilling and an now in search of taps and or self tapping bolts.
            There's a good one for Bert...lol

Comment

Working...
            X