too many hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too many hoses

sorry already started this in the wrong section so here it is again in the right one. i'll post some pics tomarrow.

just got done with the lemon juice carb boil and I am trying to put em back in (that airbox is a bear)

I am having a problem with the hoses they seem to short??? the carbs are seated in the intake manifolds well, and the airbox seems to be right where it should be on the carbs, but the breather hose on top and the fuel line won't reach, back to the carbs. any thoughts. Im guessing its something dumb, any suggestions would be great.

also are there any good pics for routing all the hoses on the carbs and airbox, im still trying to sort em all out, im used to three, 2 fuel and one crankcase breather so this is taxing my tired mind.

thanks
    nick

On my 1000 the fuel hose on the tee goes to the large fitting on the petcock.
    The vaccuum hose on the #3 carb goes to the small fitting on the petcock.
    The crankcase breather tube goes to the fitting on top of the air box.
    Vent hoses between 1-2 and 3-4 carbs go back over the air box to a small bracket and terminate there. (vented to atmosphere)
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

actually yes that did help, heres a pic of everything installed, you can see the crankcase breather hose into the top of the airbox is too short. i don't know if it fit before but i just want to make sure i have everything installed correctly, take a gander see what ya think, maybe i just need a new crankcase hose.

Comment

Craz,

Dont know why that breather tube would all the sudden be too short. And I dont think it could have been confused with some other tube and be miss installed in the wrong place. UInless maybe confused with one of the airbox vent/drain tubes.

Some time ago I found the one on 850 to be cracked and collaplsed. Could not find anything of comparable size. Had to buy one from Suzuki dealers, and they only sold a bulk size piece, so I had to spend like 4 times too much to get like 3 times too much length. And I think I still have the remaining. SO I could easily sell you the length you need for like $10 including shipping, if you need (assuming I can find it). PM if interseted.

Dave
        Last edited by Redman; 11-10-2007, 11:32 AM. Reason: spulling
        http://webpages.charter.net/ddvrnr/GS850_1100_Emblems.jpg
        Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

https://imgur.com/YTMtgq4

Comment

got that part figured out, when i took the filter box out i put the screws back in it so i wouldn't lose them, turns out i forgot to take em out and put em back in, solved the problem nicely.

still confused where to run the 2 hoses that are in between the 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 carbs, sorry about these stupid questions learned my lesson pics first then dismantle, lol.

thanks in advance
          nick

Comment

Working...
          X