Intake ring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake ring question

On my 77 750B, which incidently i had little trouble gettin the boots off. WHEW! anyway i pulled the old rings out, very dry and brittle and FLAT..my question is the channels the new ones go in is flat, yet my rings are round (got them from Mr Barr so i know they are correct size) My manual says NOTHING about changing thses nor gives any pics or what not so, before i put these in for good, is that the way they are supposed to be?? They are the right diameter, and i am assuming that they flatten under the pressure of screwing them back down, combined with heat etc etc..is this correct??

Thanks
    TCK

The rings are meant to be round in profile and the carb channel flat. If you think about it, you're trying to squash that round rubber to make a nice flat airtight seal - that squashed rubber has to go somewhere.

Wally
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Awesome! Thats what i was assuming..and thanks for the quick reply sir!! much appreciated..

TCK

Comment

Place a tiny dab of anti-seize on all your bolts/screws before you reinstall them.

Comment

Good thinkin! I am gonna hit up the hardware store tomorrow for some allen head versions, as Robert Barr was on backorder, and i want to get this back together QUICK and synched to see where im at. Thanks for the thought cos im sure ida looked past it.

Comment

Working...
          X