Sears Motorcycle lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sears Motorcycle lift

Well I bought the lift and I must say am quite pleased for the 59.00. I do see where people were concerned about the pipes but really even if I had them on I dont think it would hurt them. The bike is in the basement (nightmare getting it in) sitting on the lift and ready for makeover. will start a thread on the progress.

another pic on lift. reason I needed a lift is in the pics what you see is pretty much my work space. lift will help move it around.

Comment

man howd you get that down there??? ive been thinking of doing the same with mine as ive no garage to work on it, but i cant see getting it down there except in pieces...which i doan wanna do. lol

Comment

had to go through a bulk head (very steep) and the very bottom of steps is a heating unit. one slip bam. used ramps and a come a long with safety ropes tied to trees just in case. lowered it a few inches at a time. went very smooth. If it did not get in the basement it would of sat all winter again with no work to it. will take pics of the obstacles to get it in there.

Comment

Unbelievable! And I complain because I only have an aircraft hangar to work in. You go boy!
          Keep us posted with pics.

Comment

Hell at this point im looking for someones garage round here to rent part of to work in.. I dont wanna not be able to work on these bikes over the winter, and i dont want to break it down to bring it downstairs to my basement. it will stench the house in fumes...just cleaining my carbs did that.

Comment

I have some 80 1100L parts. Let me know if you need anything. I also know where to get the parts you might need. Is that an 1100 or a 750?
              1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
              1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

you might want to put wood on the frame rails so you don't put pressure on the engine. I had to on mine because it was pushing up on part of the engine. Maybe you don't need it though.

Comment

Wow $59 ain't bad at all. I think I may have to invest in that. Congrats on getting it down into the basement. Mine was kicking my ass getting it back to the backyard because of the small walk ways and plants everywhere

Comment

Working...
                  X