Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Induction Guru. I am in need of your wise guidance!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Induction Guru. I am in need of your wise guidance!

What are these listed under on parts websites. And if you can one up me and get the part number I'll be your bestfriend

Notice the o-ring. Have these things ever been known to leak from here?

I dont think these parts are off a GS motor. I could be wrong (I have been before, once I think). These boots could have been adapted from another brand cycle. Order the correct original parts from Suzuki. Are these the boots between the CV carbs and the cylinder head.

Don

Comment

In the uk these would be called carb intake rubbers !

Comment

Your parts are incomplete.

They are 18 and 19 here:

you need two of each.

Amos B.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
          I dont think these parts are off a GS motor. I could be wrong (I have been before, once I think). These boots could have been adapted from another brand cycle. Order the correct original parts from Suzuki. Are these the boots between the CV carbs and the cylinder head.

Don
          Well they were a b!tch to take off. But they're made by Suzuki and they fit exceptionally well on the intake flanges

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigRed View Post
            Your parts are incomplete.

They are 18 and 19 here:

you need two of each.

Amos B.
            How are they incomplete? BTW bikebandit doesn't have them there. I've checked the fiches. They go after the carb and onto the motor

Comment

Originally posted by Ironriot View Post
              How are they incomplete? BTW bikebandit doesn't have them there. I've checked the fiches. They go after the carb and onto the motor
              You just pulled the actual rubber pieces off the intake boots.

You need to replace the whole boot, not just the rubber part. And there is an oring, but it is between the head and the metal part of the boot.
              1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

Comment

thanx brveagle, I was in a hurry this morning when I posted. Didn't realize the link went to the first page of parts.

Iron, what he is saying is correct. You pulled the rubber off of the flanges, this isn't how you replace them, as brveagle said, it is replaced as a whole. If you want I may have a set off of one of the 550 engines I've torn appart that I could send your way. I bought new from BikeBandit for my restore job, but if you are on a budget, my old ones may work for you. PM me with an offer..

Amos

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigRed View Post
                    thanx brveagle, I was in a hurry this morning when I posted. Didn't realize the link went to the first page of parts.

Iron, what he is saying is correct. You pulled the rubber off of the flanges, this isn't how you replace them, as brveagle said, it is replaced as a whole. If you want I may have a set off of one of the 550 engines I've torn appart that I could send your way. I bought new from BikeBandit for my restore job, but if you are on a budget, my old ones may work for you. PM me with an offer..

Amos
                    Oh ok well that makes sense now. Kinda dumb that you'd have to replace the metal flange also but "cie la vi". Thanks guys for the help. I'll get this thing going before I decide to start changing those boots out. BigRed if I need them i'll shoot a PM your way

Comment

Oh ok well that makes sense now. Kinda dumb that you'd have to replace the metal flange also but "cie la vi". Thanks guys for the help. I'll get this thing going before I decide to start changing those boots out. BigRed if I need them i'll shoot a PM your way
                      eh... i dunno bout the 550, but that metal flange should have come off WITH the boots, least how my 750 is. and the rings go IN the metal flange in a channel...they may have changed that design cos i know on that 80 750 motor i have it has a whole different looking set up

Comment

Well the flange has a channel that the oring from the boot sits in. I don't understand why you'd have to replace both if they both come apart separate but oh well Japanese auto companies do wierd things

Comment

you may not have to. Keep in mind i dunno how its set up, but those flanges they showed your are like mine, and they changed those after 79 on the 750 so i dunno bout your bike.

Comment

Well the flange has a channel that the oring from the boot sits in. I don't understand why you'd have to replace both if they both come apart separate but oh well Japanese auto companies do wierd things
                            They aren't supposed to come apart seperate. You ripped them off.

Comment

Working...
                            X