Where Can I Get Carb Boot "o" Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Can I Get Carb Boot "o" Rings

Hi there. can anyone tell me where I can obtain the carb boot "O" rings for a '77 GS550B motor. Do I have to get them genuine or is there another source that I shoyld use.

Cheers

Don

Use OEM boot O-rings only. They are made of a special rubber compound designed to take the stresses of the application. Regular O-rings just won't last very long.

I don't know the best place to order out of the country.

Here's a few U.S. places that should be able to help you.

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

Buy parts at a low price for your snowmobile here at Alpha Sports, we carry a LARGE variety of parts and accesories.

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

Comment

or robert barr on this site
      Keith
      -------------------------------------------
      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

On the other hand, a member of this forum ran across your very problem a few years ago and came up with an alternate solution. He researched what was available, purchased modest quantities of the correct stuff and has made them available to us. You can get the boot o-rings and complete sets for your carbs by visiting Cycle O-rings.com and forwarding him very modest sums of currency. You can have a set of four delivered for less than the price of two (not counting shipping) from Bike Bandit. \\/ Also available are stainless Allen-head screws to replace the crap you will take out.

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I checked Robert's site out and it appears he does not carry the "O" rings for every model. The part number for my model 550 does not appear on his site. He must only carry the "O" rings for the more popular models, e.g. the 750s and larger models. Thanks for your replies, they are much appreciated.

Cheers

Don
          Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2007, 08:45 PM.

Comment

If you can find 'dash' sizes down there, you should be OK -- a dash size of -122 in Viton will fit your bike just fine.

I don't carry these, as you mentioned, but they're available from many sources including McMaster-Carr. You'll probably have to buy 25 O-rings, but you'll have what you need.
            and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
            __________________________________________________ ______________________
            2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

Yeah, Steve - not only are his o-rings cheaper, but his stainless bolts are about half the price of Ace hardware not including the washers.

Comment

Also find them at Babbits Online:

$2 per o-ring

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
                  If you can find 'dash' sizes down there, you should be OK -- a dash size of -122 in Viton will fit your bike just fine.

I don't carry these, as you mentioned, but they're available from many sources including McMaster-Carr. You'll probably have to buy 25 O-rings, but you'll have what you need.
                  hey Robert, what are the dimensions on those hex head bolts btw? I know you were out, but im going to pick some up at the HW store today, just wondering the size length and thread thanks!

Comment

Hex head bolt specs

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                    hey Robert, what are the dimensions on those hex head bolts btw? I know you were out, but im going to pick some up at the HW store today, just wondering the size length and thread thanks!
                    From the cycleorings.com site...

"M6 x 1 x 20mm... [however,] Some bikes use 16mm screws. These include everything pre-1980, the '80 & '81 GS1000 E & G, and the '82 & '83 1100G's and 650's.... The 80 & later 850's, the '83 750's, and the '80 and '81 450 all use the 20mm. So does the '85 700."

Comment

16mm it is then

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
                        16mm it is then

That would be, 6 X 1.0 X 16. 16mm is the length, but you can cut down a 20 or longer in a pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post

Thanks Robert. We do have the DASH sizes in OZ and I should be able to track them down here without any probs. Thanks again.

Cheers

Don

Comment

this may be unrelated but are the exhaust manifold bolts m8x1.0 as well?

Comment

Working...
                            X