No announcement yet.

It won't idle down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend I will check for vac. leaks and sync them, this has not been done yet.

Comment

Won't Idle down

If none of the posts solve your problem try going up a size on the pilot jets in the float bowl next to the main jet. You may have to go up 2.5 sizes with pilot jets ie: 45 to 47.5

As mentioned in the other posts, check for air leaks on the inside of the intake boots for cracks, also the clamp rings wear out so replace those if they're not snug against the rubber intake boots.

One other thing is make sure your throttle cable is lubed and with a touch of slack to allow the carbs to close all the way. Carter Turk
      GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

I sync'd the carbs and the problem has been solved. Thanks again to you guys for all the great advice. You never fail to come up with the solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by arveejay
          I sync'd the carbs and the problem has been solved. Thanks again to you guys for all the great advice. You never fail to come up with the solutions.
          glad to hear it does it run smoother too?

Comment

yES, RUNS GREAT EXCEPT, i JUST GOT BACK FROM A LITTLE RIDE. About twenty miles into ride it acted like it wanted to die from a dead stop. Real slight hesitation. Pulled plugs, #3 real carboned. Backed out airscrew 1/4 turn. Cleaned plug and am going out for another ride.

Comment

What did you find on that next ride? did no. 3 still look carboned up I have similar issues to yours.

Comment

Originally posted by matt boruff
                What did you find on that next ride? did no. 3 still look carboned up I have similar issues to yours.
                #3 is fine now. everything seems fine now. Running great. I really appreciate the help on this one guys. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                X