No announcement yet.

1985 GS700ES carb jetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK here is what I found out. Contrery to what the previous owner told me the main jets were 135's instead of the stock 122.5's which would account for the top end running good. I pulled the last of the washers off of the needle which now means the needle is 2.5 MM higher than stock. I was amazed at how much better the bike runs at this setting. It is anly .032" higher than the last setting but no more lean surge and the engine pulls cleanly at any throttle setting in any gear. Basically what has been done is to take the 2.5MM spacer off the top of the needle and run 135 jets. If you have a GS700 and want to run POD's this would be a good place to start.

Comment

Glad to hear that you got it figured out. I am ditching the EMGO's on my 700 and trying out some Uni's...good to know that my jetting is right in the same range as yours. I am going to adjust my needles as you have, though, because I'm still having problems in my transition area. Thanks for the follow up post!

Comment

Originally posted by RASNDAS View Post
        OK here is what I found out. Contrery to what the previous owner told me the main jets were 135's instead of the stock 122.5's which would account for the top end running good. I pulled the last of the washers off of the needle which now means the needle is 2.5 MM higher than stock. I was amazed at how much better the bike runs at this setting. It is anly .032" higher than the last setting but no more lean surge and the engine pulls cleanly at any throttle setting in any gear. Basically what has been done is to take the 2.5MM spacer off the top of the needle and run 135 jets. If you have a GS700 and want to run POD's this would be a good place to start.
        Glad it's running better. As per my first reply, I'm not surprised it runs well on the 135's. Obviously the needle still had enough adjustment to fix you up too.
        I would still test and see the plugs at full and 1/3 throttle. A bike may SEEM to run well but you'll be amazed at how well it runs once the plug colors are acceptable.
        You may have it right but I would not assume based on "seat of the pants". Test.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X