No announcement yet.

Impact driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks guys for all the replies. think im going with this one. its on sale as well.

Comment

With a good impact driver, you can bash the crap out of a stripped screw and actually make new recesses for the bit!!!! The impact also really helps break loose the steel/aluminum oxidation all over the fasteners on these bikes.

You can buy replacement impact driver tips at either autozone or the hardware store.
      Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

well I bought the driver and it has gotten most of the screws out. I have two that are wicked striped. Just keep pounding away?

Comment

Originally posted by dude608 View Post
          well I bought the driver and it has gotten most of the screws out. I have two that are wicked striped. Just keep pounding away?
          Try using the Phillips #3 bit now...and if that doesnt work...break out the vice grips...

Comment

the problem was vice grips were not going to fit. I took the flat head and pounded it in and made my own groove and dam if it did not work.

Comment

Good one that! Way to be inventive...i'd prolly still be cussing at it...lol

Comment

After using the impact driver I am amazed at how well it works. Its a must in my tool box now.

Comment

yeah, what HE SAID...!

Originally posted by dude608 View Post

I bought one of these to get the cover off of my (now my Brother's) GS650L brake reservoir... it was so stuck, I would not even TRY to get the screws off without it.

I have to tell you, half a dozen whacks with a hammer and both screws came right off and I didn't bugger up the screws... WORTH THEIR WEIGHT IN GOLD.

Buy one.

p.s. The brake fluid was nice and golden, and was full... I had been worrying for NOTHING.

Comment

Glad you didn't buy the Harbor Freight one. I bought two (ask me why....) and found one at the local Checker/Shucks/Kragen auto parts for the same price as my two HF pieces. WAY heavier/better quality. You will never regret spending money on good tools, you will ALWAYS regret buying cheap ones.......And

Comment

Glad you didn't buy the Harbor Freight one. I bought two (ask me why....) and found one at the local Checker/Shucks/Kragen auto parts for the same price as my two HF pieces. WAY heavier/better quality. You will never regret spending money on good tools, you will ALWAYS regret buying cheap ones.......And why did Suzuki use crappy phillips pan head screws anyway? All Allen head screws are at least grade 5 and rarely strip out.

Comment

I picked up the Craftsman one. Best $19.99 I ever spent. 15 stripped left side case bolts are now OFF w/ none broken!

Comment

Working...
                        X