brake pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake pads

What is your favorite brake pad brand and model? My bike only has 5k miles on it but I am going to replace the pads because they are so old.

I've never met the pads I didn't like. EBC, stock, Vesrah, Ferodo, no-name generic -- tried them all. They all worked fine, none better than the other.

Nick

Comment

I have always used Vesrah and they work fine. Anyway, they are pretty much the only ones available for my gs750 77' here in Denmark.

Comment

I use Vesrah by choice, as they contain kevlar even in there stock pads. They made a huge difference in my 1150 and an improvement in my Kat 11oo.
        Dink

Comment

I like Ferodo, they seem to grip really good.........with good lever feel and feedback!

8) Andre 8)

Comment

Mine has Vesrah in the rear and EBC in the front. Not a problem with either one of them. :twisted:

Comment

Dink has recommended Vesrah, and I believe Earlfor did the same a few months ago, mentioning an improvement over EBC.

I have EBC on my 1100G, but I don't ride as hard in the corners as do some, and consequently don't use a much braking.

The EBCs have given tire-smoking stops from 80mph and kept on going, so they do work. A small tip is to spray your pads and discs with brake cleaner from time to time, as they tend to accumulate junk. The first time you do it will make a noticeable difference.

(Make sure you have something absorbent under them when you do this....it evaporates very quickly, but you will be amazed at how much stuff comes off, and is left behind.)
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

You're quite right, Ron. I do the same to my brake pads, and, indeed, a lot of junk flows out of them! Good periodic maintenance item.

By the way, I've bought my pads on eBay for great prices, even after shipping. Brand new items, still in package. Right now I have a set of SBS in the rear, and EBC's up front, all bought on eBay. I was the only bidder on each, and I bid the minimum. If I get it, fine; if not, fine too!

At this moment, I have a full set of brand-new brake pads hanging from hooks in my garage, ready to be installed whenever. Planning ahead and buying when I don't have to!

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas
                  Dink has recommended Vesrah, and I believe Earlfor did the same a few months ago, mentioning an improvement over EBC.

I have EBC on my 1100G, but I don't ride as hard in the corners as do some, and consequently don't use a much braking.

The EBCs have given tire-smoking stops from 80mph and kept on going, so they do work. A small tip is to spray your pads and discs with brake cleaner from time to time, as they tend to accumulate junk. The first time you do it will make a noticeable difference.

(Make sure you have something absorbent under them when you do this....it evaporates very quickly, but you will be amazed at how much stuff comes off, and is left behind.)
                  Now why didn't I think of that? my 1150 has had leaking fork seals and I bet some got on my disk and pads. This explains my rotten front brakes. I will try this disk cleaner trick as soon as the weather brakes and I can test ride it. Thanks for the tip.........................skip

Comment

Working...
                  X