rear shocks adjustable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear shocks adjustable?

how do i adjust the rear shocks? lift rear end and turn bottom of shock?

The preload adjustment tool is the easiest. If you don't have one, I've used some big channel-lock pliers. Clamp on to that ring with the ramps and turn to suit.

Comment

I just used a pair of good fitting roll punches. Seemed to work fine for me. It isn't really that difficult, give the spring more room to compress by turning the adjuster one way and compress the spring by turning the other way. You should be able to look at it and figure it out.

Comment

1) Remove upper and lower mounting bolts and nuts.

2) Deposit non-functional, sagged, nasty original shocks in nearest waste disposal container.

3) Unleash the mighty power of Visa to obtain aftermarket replacements that actually work. (Progressive, Hagon, Ikon, Öhlins, Race Tech, etc. - take your pick.)

4) Install.

5) Marvel at the difference.

6) Ride happy. :-D

Adjusting original GS shocks is like moving deck chairs around on the Titanic -- they're toast, man. No matter how good they look, they were crap when they left the factory.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X