tank leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tank leaks

I have the three step process for the product creem to fix my gs1000 fuel tank, I was wondering if one of the first two treatments acualy desolves the rust where you can just pour it out as it is almost impossible to shake the rust out of my tank as it is. I was also wondering how one protects the holes for the petcock and gas float when trying to coat the inside of the the tank..I have the petcock removed at this time but not the gas float..........thanks.........................

tanked

Dont shake it. A guy told me to just pour it around, think like the fluid. Covering holes.. the best way would be to get a scrap petcock to use during the treatment. Or buy a new one after using the one you have.

Comment

If you've got big gobs of rust you can put a chain or nuts and bolts in your tank to swirl around. I'd make cover plates for for any openings. Aluminum is cheap and soft enough that you can cut it with a hacksaw to make plates.

Steve

Comment

The first step in your 3 step process for
        the kreem is to take the product back to where you bought it
        from to see if you can get your money back!!!

Mo

Comment

kreem

Most people that have trouble with kreem, have it due to environmental conditions. It has to be warm and dry to use the stuff successfully.

Someone in AZ could really capitalize on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobetter
            The first step in your 3 step process for
            the kreem is to take the product back to where you bought it
            from to see if you can get your money back!!!

Mo
            I would try the other approaches but with the price of a used tank from a yard at 200 dollars,which is what I paid for the bike in the first place and my plessure doesn't pay the bills.

Comment

The thread title suggests you already have leaks, so I would do as Mo suggests and take the Kreem back to where you bought it.

Then take a look in yellow pages for gas tank repair shops and give them a call. Some radiator repair shops also do the work.

Shaking around nuts/bolts/chain is a common way to remove rust, but if you already have problems you could make them worse. This is unavoidable if you will be doing the repair itself, but for the moment, I would leave it alone and take it to the shop. Let them decide what is best, and getting their professional opinion is likely going to be a no charge thing.

Bear in mind that a gas leak repair MUST be done right...it must not leak at all.

The shops will cost a bit more, but probably will also give a guarantee.

(I had mine cleaned and coated, with a 2 or 3 year guarantee (don't recall which) for about US$60)
              Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

tank

Originally posted by argonsagas
                The thread title suggests you already have leaks, so I would do as Mo suggests and take the Kreem back to where you bought it.

Then take a look in yellow pages for gas tank repair shops and give them a call. Some radiator repair shops also do the work.

Shaking around nuts/bolts/chain is a common way to remove rust, but if you already have problems you could make them worse. This is unavoidable if you will be doing the repair itself, but for the moment, I would leave it alone and take it to the shop. Let them decide what is best, and getting their professional opinion is likely going to be a no charge thing.

Bear in mind that a gas leak repair MUST be done right...it must not leak at all.

The shops will cost a bit more, but probably will also give a guarantee.

(I had mine cleaned and coated, with a 2 or 3 year guarantee (don't recall which) for about US$60)
                There are two shops in this area I will give them a call soon...many small tragedies going on at home right now.......thanks

Comment

Working...
                X