Engine part #'s vs application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine part #'s vs application

I've got 2 GS1000 engines that I'd like to try to ID what GS applications they are originally from. They have the following p/n's........1) GS1000-101304 and 2) GS1000-104511. Can anyone tell me what year / model these engines came from? ....or where can I find that info?.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2007, 09:56 PM. Reason: no help from anyone

Bump
    Common guys! No help here for a newbee? I've tried the search feature with no luck. Someone must be able to give me some answers or point me in the right direction. I would very much appreciate any help from anyone!!!!!!!

Comment

z1 maybe

Hello maroon81GS, not sure if this will help but at z1enterprises.com they list bikes by serial #'s

Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

hope that helps,

Jim

Comment

Hey mate.
        Pretty sure they are both '78 "c" models as the '79 "n" model engine numbers start at about 121000.
        Hope that helps
        Looks like Jim beat me to it
        Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2007, 10:42 PM. Reason: Too slow

Comment

German info

Mr. maroon81GS,

This PDF file on the German site www.gs-classic.de contains a lot of information that may be useful, but you'll need to use a site like http://translation2.paralink.com/ to translate the column headings. "Rahmennummer" is frame number, "Fahrgestellnummer" is chassis number, von = from, bis = to, etc.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff
          Last edited by Guest; 11-27-2007, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the help guys.....I'll take the suggested info and compare to the referenced sites.
            thanks again.

Comment

Working...
            X