Getting a new bike soon. Need imput.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting a new bike soon. Need imput.

Well having two bikes is not enough. I have my little gas sipping Yamaha Virago 250 and my nice 1980 GS550L, but I am looking for something with a little bit bigger motor and a little more "modern" or "Cruiser" type. I dont want a Harley, especially after riding a 95 Dyna- Low Rider around. I was looking at the Suzuki S50, Katana 750, or a Yamaha V Star 650/1100.

just wondering what you guys think, since you obviously have good taste

The Katana 750 seems a little out of place in that list. ;-)

Comment

The V Star is a nice bike, smooth running and plenty of power and a very low torque curve. I myself, don't like how "wide" the bike feels, though it does have great balance with a low center of gravity. Just some thoughts.

Comment

Its not on your list, but i can honestly say one of the most comfortable "cruiser" type bikes ive ever ridden is the new Kaw Vulcan 900. I myself near despise the cruiser seating arrangement, frankly if i wanted to feel like i was riding a high HP tractor mower, Id ride a high HP tractor mower, but the Kaw feels GOOD. It too is low and well balanced, and pulls like a train in all gears...why you would want more power than that out of a cruising bike i dont know. Its relatively affordable, and its blinged to the teeth in chrome. Fuel injection is a sweet thing to have for that startup and go joy, as well. They make two models, the Classic and the Custom. The Custom has a skinny front wheel and to me has a bit too much flop in the steering, but the Classic is sweet. And, throw tomatoes if you wish, but it IS a Kawasaki, and IVE never ridden a Kaw I didnt like, and that didnt have some raw power to it considering its size.

Comment

+1 for Vulcans -- I don't like cruisers much, but my favorite that I've ridden was a Vulcan 700.

Comment

There is a Kawasaki dealer back in my hometown, and I had a Kaw dirt bike when I was a kid. They are ok, but I really don't want a fuel injected bike. Simply when i was a mechanic I swore that I would avoid electronic fuel injection and computer controlled bikes whenever possible. I know they make them easier to operate in the cold, and they perform a bit better. I just would like something more long range friendly than my GS with its low and forward bars I put on it(its a half cafe/rat bike).

I appreciate all the imput. I will think it over.

Comment

What ever has been said before Id still like to give this a try...

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I find my 03 Bandit 12S very comfortable on long trips, but it might feel a bit cramped after a few hundred miles if you have particularly long legs. The B12 is close to the ergonomics of the GS1150, but the handling is MUCH better. Its also 75 lbs lighter than the 1150E and a little quicker.

Earl
                Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
                X