Braided brake lines & brake discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Braided brake lines & brake discs

I need to replace all of the brake hoses on my bike. Does anyone know of a good source for the hose and fittings? I'd like to stay with the original type banjo fittings for ease, but will convert to AN aircraft style fittings if necessary.

Also, who is a good source for caliper parts & brake discs?

Chumpy

I replaced my lines a few years ago with braided steel lines.
    I forget the brand, but they retained the banjo fittings.
    I think they were Russell brand
    Just be careful as the might rub. They act like steel wool and will scrape your paint/chrome.
    As for brake discs...look around. Ebay had some for sale.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

You should spring for the plastic coated lines. Dirt collects in the unprotected braided lines and it will wear the kevlar lining out. Also, I've found that the plated fittings will rust if the bike is not washed every couple months.

Steve

Comment

I bought the Russells. A bit expensive but I'm happy with 'em. They are covered with clear tubing and are made for each bike, so the length and the way they bend is just like the stock lines. KK.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I didn't know they would custom make them. What was your source, and how much were they?

Comment

Originally posted by Hotblack
            I didn't know they would custom make them. What was your source, and how much were they?
            Try www.russellperformance.com If that did'nt work, look up Russell Performance Products, in Florida,Ph# 904-253-8980. They are called 'Cycleflex'.They are custom made for many bikes. My front dual line set-up was $118, and the rear was $47. I also bought the 'speedbleeders'. The fronts were expensive as you can see,but I did'nt want to try making my own. But they do look nice and work well. KK.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Email Craig Fouts at, buy@industrialliquidators.com, he will make any length you need with whatever angle fittings you want at reasonable prices.

Comment

Last year I changed all the brake lines on my non GS bike to coated stainless steel braided lines. The outfit in California custom made these lines for me using digital pics to show banjo angles and types.

These lines gave a noticably firmer feel to the brakes and I feel much safer with these new lines because the old, ugly rubber ones were pretty ripe since they were 20 years old.

I was impressed by the quality and service of this outfit and they also offered the lines in several different colors, coated or uncoated. The price for the lines on my Gold Wing was $140Cdn and that included exchange, duty and shipping.

If you need their address, I'll dig around for the invoice and get back to you.

Comment

I'm interested,
                  My 1100 needs to be done before I start riding it. How many lines did you get made for that price? I paid 70$CDN for the front line on my 400 and it's been sawing through my wiring and paint ever since.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X