CV carbs on a GS1000e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV carbs on a GS1000e?

My GS1000e came with two sets of carbs - stockers and 29mm smoothbores. I'm thinking of selling the smoothbores and buying a set of CV carbs off a newer GSXR for increased performance and driveability.

Is there a set that can be just bolted on, that will work with the stock airbox and carb manifolds?

I've tried searching but I can't find the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Early E's came with VM slide carbs and from 1980 they had CV's fitted as standard. You would have to check what size your intakes are to the engine to decide which were originally or fitted to your bike. Its unlikley that the later GSXR carbs will fit straight in so you may have to alter the brackets the carbs fit to or the intakes to the engine.

Suzuki mad.

Comment

Thanks - Mine has 26mm VMs on it now, so I guess that means no luck on the bigger carbs, thanks.

Comment

If your bike has the stock VM26's, your choices are to buy a jet kit for them, or put on the 29's. But with either choice, you would want to put on K&N pod filters and an aftermarket performance pipe (V&H or Jardine, etc.) in order to reap any performance gains. If you don't want the 29's, send me a PM.... I might be interested in buying them off you.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

The PO changed his mind on the VM29s I was supposed to pick up yesterday. Apparently an auction on ebay convinced him he was selling them to me too cheap.

So all I've got are the 26s - I'm going to rebuild them, but it's looking more and more like the cylinders are bad, so I'm going to have to rebore the engine anyway. Frustrating...

Comment

Working...
          X