'77 750B throttle cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'77 750B throttle cables

I've recently purchased a '77 750B with what I believe to be stock bars and cables. The bars have about a 28" spread and about a 5" rise and are just horribly uncomfortable. I just purchased some lower "drag" bars and now need to change throttle cables. I have seen though some "promotional" photos from the 70's that feature the bike with lower drag bars as though there were stock. For those of you who are into drag bars where did you get your cables? Were they custom made or were they indeed factory on some models? If so which models? I think I can have them made somewhat locally, have to do some checking, but since I am limited to wrenching on the weekend I thought I would ask those who have more experience in such matters for their advice.

I've got smaller bars, I believe they're referred to as a "Superbike Bend." I use the stock cables. Perhaps I have the cables routed differently, I don't know. They work in my application. 8)
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the '78, '79 GS1000S had drag bars.

Steve

Comment

Re: '77 750B throttle cables

I'm using a superbike bar on my 79 GS750. The bar is 28" wide, has about 4 inches of pull back and 1 1/2" rise. The stock clutch and throttle cables listed for the 77 through 79 GS750's will fit your B model with lower bars. The online catalog is at

Theyre great people to deal with. I've ordered a ^%## load of stuff from them and have been very pleased with everything.

Earl

Originally posted by mrphsurf
        I've recently purchased a '77 750B with what I believe to be stock bars and cables. The bars have about a 28" spread and about a 5" rise and are just horribly uncomfortable. I just purchased some lower "drag" bars and now need to change throttle cables. I have seen though some "promotional" photos from the 70's that feature the bike with lower drag bars as though there were stock. For those of you who are into drag bars where did you get your cables? Were they custom made or were they indeed factory on some models? If so which models? I think I can have them made somewhat locally, have to do some checking, but since I am limited to wrenching on the weekend I thought I would ask those who have more experience in such matters for their advice.
        Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

Working...
        X