Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

messed up center stand?

Hi everyone,

A while back some kid pulled out in front of me and I dumped the bike, so I haven't been around for a while. But now I'm ready to start repairing the bike. It needs new handlebars, gauges, and maybe forks (or maybe they can just be tweaked). I have a bunch of other things that need fixing too, so it'll be a while. Anyways, my first problem is the center stand. The "handle" that you step down on seems to come down really low, such that the bike ends up resting on the handle when it's on the stand. When I jack up the front, it's sitting on the handle and the "foot" on the right side, leaving the left foot in the air. That makes the whole bike lean a little, making it really tough to tell whether anything is bent (also it doesn't feel safe to work on). How is the center stand supposed to work? Mine has been like this since I got it. I'm considering cutting off the handle and welding it back on a little differently. Could somebody post a pic of what their bike looks like on the stand?

Alex

Sorry, I don't have a pic. Don't blame you for trying to fix your center stand, but you can usually find them on the for sale section of this site or ebay for less than $20. will be exactly as it should ben no cutting welding or anything, just bolt it on. Just my thoughts.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

i may have a photo......

see if these help you out at all. the peg should be up off the ground a couple inches once its on the stand

Comment

i believe i have another stand if you need one for your bike. i would let it go pretty cheap

Comment

Thanks guys. That's very helpful. Mine is in pretty good condition other than the mispositioned handle, so I'll try to just fix it first. It's a good opportunity to practice my welding But if I botch it I'll let you know...

Comment

Working...
          X