Good deal?? 81' GS850 for $250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal?? 81' GS850 for $250

Are the seats the same between an 81' and an 82'?? I dont have that much to spend and it would be like an hour drive for me. BUT a bike close enough to mine in spec would be nice to mix and match. Please let me know guys.... Thanks

Make that a little over 2 hours. I just mapquested it. Let me know.

Comment

buy it, if anything you can part it out for over 250 easily

Comment

GS850G seats are different on 79-81 and 82-83 models. The earlier models are hinged, and the later ones are held on with a lock at the back and the two tabs/pins at the front. So that's out. The tank, airbox, and plastics are also different.

The carbs are the same, assuming they're salvageable. The engine is usable (there are a few minor differences in the valve and clutch cover gaskets, but the engine would bolt in). The brake systems and wheels are also usable, assuming they can be salvaged.

But where's the exhaust? :shock: And the front fender?

I'd maybe wave $100 in his face for the parts, but there's no way I'd pay $250. A clueless hack has been at work here, and who knows what else you'd find.

Bet he lost the title, too. :?
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback bwringer. Yeah he said there is no exhaust, no calipers, will need wheels. I will probably give him a call today and see if he has the title and talk with him about money. I appreciate the feedback guys.

Comment

Hey...he "cleaned the engine and frame", that must mean she's ready to ride, right? :?

Comment

Yeah. I decided to not even attempt because I really don't have the space at all for another bike. Thought I did, but I don't. Appreciate it anyways.

Comment

Working...
              X