ohio title help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ohio title help

i found a 1980 250 gs in my barn got it running great but i dont have a title and it is hard to get a title in ohio i was just wonder if any 1 had a part bike with a title , frame with title , or better yet just a good title for any gs of a close year ? thanx

Got an 80 750 frame titled (salvage) along with a ton of parts in my shed...

Comment

want a ohio title will travel in ohio to pick up a part bike

Comment

Originally posted by diablo666mew View Post
        i found a 1980 250 gs in my barn got it running great but i dont have a title and it is hard to get a title in ohio i was just wonder if any 1 had a part bike with a title , frame with title , or better yet just a good title for any gs of a close year ? thanx
        Its not as hard as you think BTW...they just want to see receipts from my understanding, as to what you did to get it running properly.

Comment

yea i no but its got no title its been in a barn sents i moved in 15 years ago and i got it running great i have try with cars befor to get title in ohio from cars my boss has found in barns "i work in a hot rod shop" wee just buy junk cars with good titles and use that it cost way to much to try to find a title that is not in your name i really want to ride other then my back yeard

Comment

Circleville isnt that a bit clear of Columbus?? Bout 2 hours from here i think...

Comment

Dude, do they know you at the title office? I had only a little pain getting one done in Hamilton....you got to jump through a few hoops, but it wasnt bad at all.
              The guy there explained it to me like this: we're looking for thieves. and people who re-sell wrecks improperly repaired.

i show up as a babbling fool in love with an old 82 yamaha .... . They don't care...they want to catch a chop shop full of criminals...

Important: tell them " this is exactly how i found it" or else you have to come up with receipts on all the parts you put on it, receipts with the name and adress and phone of the PO as WELL AS THE VIN NUMBER OF THE DONOR BIKE" ... so just say i found it like this....

Comment

ITS titles will solve all your problems for one low fee...
                1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

#1- The way I understand it- its illegal in Ohio to sell any vehicle without a title.

#2- for $100 you can get a service to get you a title.

#3- Find a friend in Alabama. They will make him/her a title from a bill of sale. Then sell to you ($1) and transfer to Ohio (long way to go but it works- I've done it (YMMV, don't try this at home, buyer beware, I'm not a lawyer, this isn't legal advice, don't cry to me when it goes bad, you are on your own, more legal caveats, etc...)

#4- How do you get around the Title VIN and Frame VIN not matching????

Comment

There is all kinds of help here.
                    If you don't know who the bike originally belonged to, it seems to me you need to request a title search to make sure it isn't stolen, or have a lien against it. If the search comes back clean, then find out what the law is regarding ownership of abandoned vehicles. If you bought the property, and the motorcycle was left behind then you may be the rightful owner anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dardoonk View Post
                      There is all kinds of help here.
                      Bingo!

nice job , Dardoonk ! \\/

Comment

Originally posted by OhioEric View Post
                        Bingo!

nice job , Dardoonk ! \\/
                        No problem.. I lived there for 35 years and my Dad had more untitled & junk cars sitting around than I can remember.

Comment

yea i have sean that info befor but dont really help geting a title in ohio suck you have to find the person who had the car/bike last most other state i can get a title with a bill of sale i have gone to a nother state to get a title but i dont want to do that right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by diablo666mew View Post
                            yea i have sean that info befor but dont really help geting a title in ohio suck you have to find the person who had the car/bike last most other state i can get a title with a bill of sale i have gone to a nother state to get a title but i dont want to do that right now lol
                            DUDE! Punctuation sure would help. Or, is this a cleverly designed scenario in which you plan on speaking this way when you go to the BMV, thus proving the point and being rewarded with a new title?

Comment

i think i just give up because my i just bot a Suzuki 1981 GS1100 of my friend with a title and it runs great got it really cheap so i will just use that till some time i have to go out of state for work and will get a title for my 250 but hay y would i want to ride a 250 when i got a 1100 now lol i guesss i will give the 250 when i get a title to my gf for her birthday lol thanx for all the help

Comment

Working...
                              X