Mikuni flat slides on a gs100e?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikuni flat slides on a gs100e?

Does anyone here know how well Mikuni flat slide carbs work(or don`t work) on the gs1100E? I looking to get a new set of carbs for the beast.
    Thanks.

Mikuni

Just about any will work. My bike had VM33 on it when I bought it. I sold those on ebay and bought a set of RS36. Real happy with those.

Since its not a cv type carb, it will also be easier to get the settings right. The Sudco book tells just what you would need as far as jets and settings.

My jet size is incorrect at the moment but I am getting to that.

Comment

Re: Mikuni

Originally posted by RedGS1100
      Just about any will work. My bike had VM33 on it when I bought it. I sold those on ebay and bought a set of RS36. Real happy with those.

Since its not a cv type carb, it will also be easier to get the settings right. The Sudco book tells just what you would need as far as jets and settings.

My jet size is incorrect at the moment but I am getting to that.
      Hey Bob,
      noticed the Amsoil link, & have to ask...are you running it in your GS with good results? I hear Amsoil is compatible with wet clutches. BTW, I have the same model (red '82 1100E) GS....mostly stock, though.
      Tony.
      '82 GS1100E

Comment

36 or 38mm RS flatslides will make a huge difference. You have to roll the throttle unlike CVs where you just whack the throttle open and wait for vaccum to open the slides. With flatslides if you whack the throttle open the motor will bog because the velocity of the fuel mixture gets too slow.

Comment

I have 38 rs flatslides on my 1150 and I love them. they make tons of power up high (I picked up over 3mph in the1/4 mile) and are easy to tune and sync. They also are very resposive.

Comment

Mikuni flat slides on a GS110e

Thanks a lot guys. I know where to get a set and I think I`ll go for it now that you have edumacated me.
            Later.

Comment

Amsoil

I have been a long time user of Amsoil and recently have become a dealer. Some argue against synthetics, the biggest gripe is price. I say this, there is NO test in which regular oil outperforms synthetic. I have also yet to see someone claim to outperform Amsoil. When something is clearly the best, whats price? Anyhow,

Amsoil also makes friction-modifier-free oil just for motorcycles. You can double your change interval or just increase it. I go 5k miles on a change. Thats normally once per year for me, I just do it over the winter.

Thanks for asking and good luck with your carbs. So far I love my RS36's. I do find that I need to roll on slower than normal but I am still playing with jetting and accel pump. CV's may be a little easier to sync and have other advantages but I love the Mikuni carbs and even find the clammoring at idle to be a unique and likable sound.

Comment

Working...
              X