Ok better ignition question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok better ignition question..

I was planning on switching over to a Dyna system anyway, so rather than screw around with the points, i ask this..keep in mind, i'm rather new to the ignition aspect, so its kinda a rook question.

Will the dyna system work with my stock coils, or will i need to buy new coils (planning on it eventually, but in the meantime) and if so will i need anything such as a balast resistor or anything like that? Thanks guys!

TCK

You can use the original coils, NO balast needed. You should get the Dyna 3 ohm coils or at least some 3 ohm coils from a newer bike. Something like early-mid 90's GSX/RF series- etc

Comment

Thanks for the info SDL1! Much appreciated. Now on to Z1 to shop for the system..or does anyone know of a cheaper place?? I hate to be cheap..but i am..lol

Comment

Just my opinion but unless you are tuning the hell out of an old gs you'd be better off talking to these guys http://www.boyerbransden.com probably a fair bit cheaper as well :-D

Comment

Hrmmm dont see a listing for my old 77 750B...

Comment

This will be the one
            KIT00090
            SUZUKI GS550/1000

my guess is it covers gs 550, 750, 850, & 1000 all models but contact them & ask the question they are usually very helpfull :-D

Comment

The problem with those ignitions is that they're hard to find in the states. Dyna ignitions are only about $140 over here, vs. $300 for Boyer or Newtronics.

Comment

Originally posted by robertob View Post
                The problem with those ignitions is that they're hard to find in the states. Dyna ignitions are only about $140 over here, vs. $300 for Boyer or Newtronics.
                well i had not thought of that but thinking about it now we have the same problem getting hold of dyna's at a reasonable price, anything from the states is expensive due to us getting hammered with import duty

having said that "gifts" dont attract that duty lol \\/

Comment

Working...
                X