Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS 1100 Clutch

I Confused :?

Why does an '82 clutch take 9 fibers, and a '83 takes 10 when the clutch basket and hub is supposedly the same?

Check the second post in this thread.

Covers that and several other engine mods from 82 to 83.

Comment

Thank You! They refer to a drive plate and a driven plate. Which is the fiber and which one is the metal?

Thanks Again!

Comment

Re: GS 1100 Clutch

Originally posted by decklund
        I Confused :?

Why does an '82 clutch take 9 fibers, and a '83 takes 10 when the clutch basket and hub is supposedly the same?
        Are you thinking of doing your clutch

Comment

I already did it Scotty.........

Comment

I already did it Scotty.........
            What year is your bike???

Comment

Thank You! They refer to a drive plate and a driven plate. Which is the fiber and which one is the metal?

Thanks Again!
              Pretty sure the driven are the metal ones (driven by the crank) and the drive is the fiber that turn the transmission.

Comment

The engine is an '82 in a dwarf car, and I took the plates out of my blown '83 engine.

Comment

The engine is an '82 in a dwarf car, and I took the plates out of my blown '83 engine.
                  What did you do to make the last fiber plate end up in the position next to the pressure plate???

Comment

Seems the plates in my '83 were '82 model plates. So everything worked out.

Comment

Seems the plates in my '83 were '82 model plates. So everything worked out.
                      I see. i want a little crazy when i ended up with a metal plate next to the pressure plate--((10 fiber disk model B)). Finally i just put 2 metal plates next to one another in the number 5 position.

Comment

Interesting! And why didn't you just leave it out, cuz it would complete the hub length??? :roll:

Comment

Interesting! And why didn't you just leave it out, cuz it would complete the hub length??? :roll:
                          If i left it out then the clutch would never be able to engage
                          Does any one else HAVE A 10 DISK CLUTCH THAT YOU REPLACED.?? ---With the 9 disk setup--thicker steel and fibers i believe. the last fiber ends up with against the pressure plate as it should. I must admit that I am confused at this point. I dont remember what kind of salami logic i used to do what i did.??

Comment

Working...
                          X