1100 swingarm conversion info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 swingarm conversion info...

Okies...so i found an 1100 swingarm..(thanks Mike!) This 1100E swingarm will (hopefully) be going on a 77 750B ...Couple questions...

One) The arm doesnt come with the caliper braceing arm...will one from either my 77 or my 80 parts bike work?? I know the 1100 swingarm is longer, but is the caliper arm also?? Or did they just move the mount point on the swingarm back??

Two) if it is NOT the same..could someone please measure their 1100 caliper arm and let me know how long it is??

Three) Besides wallering out the frame hole for the bigger pivot and collars, what else is involved in this conversion??

Thanks!!
    Josh

13 1/2" center to center on my GS1000 (with an 1100 swingarm). My GS550 is also 13 1/2".

Comment

Danke 8track..yer the shiot sir!! SO this 750 one should do the trick yes no?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        SO this 750 one should do the trick yes no?
        Since a '80 550, '82 1100 and a '78 1000 are the same, you tell me?

Comment

rightyroo...ill be back after some measurements...lol

Comment

Yes indeed..13 1/2.. i could have guessed..but after my last assumption with swapping model parts, im not going to take anything for face value..lol

Comment

Yes indeed..13 1/2.. i could have guessed..but after my last assumption with swapping model parts, im not going to take anything for face value..lol
              I feel obliged to help...Brown County won't be any fun for you with only one wheel. :-|

Comment

I knew it .. (well I suspected it strongly)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                  I knew it .. (well I suspected it strongly)

Mike
                  H#ll's Bells Mike, EVERYBODY knew that one! (after I posted it) :-D

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                    I feel obliged to help...Brown County won't be any fun for you with only one wheel. :-|
                    It'd be a Guiness record stoppie thats for sure...lmao... If it didnt work, i still have two perfectly good 750 swingarms too..hehe..Now...the math part...two inches of length, plus a 41 tooth 630 sprocket...when i get to that point ima need some help for the correct chain length..

Comment

Mike i didnt see but does that swingarm still have hard brakelines on it or had they switched to all rubber at that point...the 80 750 arm i have has all rubber line on it..

Comment

Uh .. how 'bout them bar end mirrors!!

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
                        H#ll's Bells Mike, EVERYBODY knew that one! (after I posted it) :-D

Comment

got em...just put em on last night actually...dunno bout em..need some nicer ones i think..these play some crazy tricks..

Comment

All rubber I tink ..

You want new ones too .. by the way.

(I secretly believe that rear brakes help when used as needed)

Mike i didnt see but does that swingarm still have hard brakelines on it or had they switched to all rubber at that point...the 80 750 arm i have has all rubber line on it..

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
                              Uh .. how 'bout them bar end mirrors!!
                              What about 'em??? You got some for sale?

Comment

Working...
                              X