Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the front end of a 1995 Kawasaki zx7r work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the front end of a 1995 Kawasaki zx7r work?

As a donor front end on a GS1150? I've been looking for a nice GSXR upsidedown fron end but they always sell on ebay for like $450+. I've found thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...409845264&rd=1 front end and it looks like it's going to be a hell of a lot cheaper and looks almost as cool. What do you guys think? Would it be a pain in the @ss to get some custom bearings made? or are there other things that would also need to get fabricated?

It uses tapered bearings so there is a good chance it will work. Take some measurements off your steering head, length especially, and ask the seller for some info.

Comment

There is a company here in the Chicago area called Berry Bearing. If you give them a couple of measurements they can get a bearing and race to fit. Contact them at 1-800-BEARING.

Steve

Comment

Mookie - Check www.pro-flo.com. They have a stem bearing cross reference chart. The Kawi lower stem bearing has a smaller I.D., O.D., and height than the GS1150 lower bearing. The top bearings are the same. Maybe you can get a machine shop to make a sleeve for the lower bearing with the right I.D. for the Kawi triple and the right O.D. for the Suzuki lower stem bearing. Then you could use a set of Suzuki bearings. You'll still need to figure out if the Kawi stem is the right height compared to the Suzuki stem and where you're new fork stops will go.... Good Luck!!

Jim

Comment

Mookie - Check www.pro-flo.com. They have a stem bearing cross reference chart. The Kawi lower stem bearing has a smaller I.D., O.D., and height than the GS1150 lower bearing. The top bearings are the same. Maybe you can get a machine shop to make a sleeve for the lower bearing with the right I.D. for the Kawi triple and the right O.D. for the Suzuki lower stem bearing. Then you could use a set of Suzuki bearings. You'll still need to figure out if the Kawi stem is the right height compared to the Suzuki stem and where you're new fork stops will go.... Good Luck!!

Jim

Comment

DAMN you found it too, I was hoping no one would find that front end so I could buy it . Ofcourse now Ive done some math and I don't know that I can get it right now, but we'll see.

Comment

Isn't customizing about, Making something work. Where there is a will there is a way.

Comment

I don't know, I still might bid on it, unless ur EBay name is Draperj... so is it mookie? I don't wanna drive up the price for a fellow gsr

Comment

Feel free, I don't think i want to mess with it at this point. My wallet is kind of thin this week, and I'm not feeling too comfortable with anything that won't directly swap. Good luck, let me know how it goes

Comment

Working...
                  X